PSPT is now offering remote physical therapy! We can provide virtual evaluations and treatments in the comfort of your own home to start building strength, endurance, and work on pain-causing dysfunction. During your telehealth session, we can progress exercises, guide you in self-release of tissues, and educate you on self-management. All that you need is a camera-enabled device (mobile phone, tablet or computer) and a little bit of space to move around in.
What you can expect:
- At this time, you can choose between Facetime or Doxy.me (a HIPAA-compliant online platform)...not tech savvy? We can walk you through it, so don't let that hold you back.
- If you are using Doxy.me, your therapist will email you the link on the day of your appointment. No downloads or special accounts necessary.
- If you are using Facetime, your therapist will call you at the scheduled appointment time.
- Just like in the office, please wear comfortable clothes that allow for movement. Snug-fitting clothing will help the therapist to better assess how parts of the body move.
- Your physical therapist will prescribe exercises for you and provide cueing for proper execution of all exercises. A home exercise program with video instruction will also be provided following the session.
- Sessions are typically 20-30 minutes.
- If you have any exercise equipment, please let the physical therapist know so that they can be utilized in the prescribed exercises.
- If you do not have any exercise equipment, no worries! We can do a lot with bodyweight only or use of household items.